The Year of Transformation: Maximizing value through collaborative and agile relationships
Now that we understand that contracting must redefine the function and its role, in Session Two we will explore what needs to change and how to do it:
- To make change happen you need to know your starting point. We will introduce the elements of a Transformation Blueprint which will be used to assess where you are.
- To move to a competitive differentiator (the top level of the maturity model) you MUST change who you consider to be a stakeholder (internal AND trading partners), the way you engage with those stakeholders (focus on their Decision Drivers) and your approach to collaborating and working with your trading partners.
- The essential contracting role is a strategic business partner, internal consultant and change leader.
- As a strategic business partner / internal consultant Contracting must bring together their internal partners with their customers / suppliers to create alignment and match risk between the two parties.
Making the change happen will require a heavy dose of change leadership which may be the biggest challenge for your group. Your role as a change leader requires you to have these competencies as well.
We will explore the following questions:
- What is the changing role of the contracting function and how it can be a competitive differentiator?
- Why is the change is necessary?
- After assessing the above, where are you today and what must you do to transform?
- How do you make the transformation happen?
- What are the business benefits associated with the change?
Download the presentation here: exec-webinar-the-how-3-23-16-final
Part 1 of this 2 part series part of IACCM Executive Leadership Webinars: The Why – Contracting Must Change and What will Happen if We Don’t?
Latest posts by Dalip Raheja (see all)
- Category Management: It’s Déjà Vu All Over Again!! - January 23, 2020
- Category Management: Our 20th Anniversary AND What’s In Store For 2020 - January 9, 2020
- Category Management: Managing Risk Is Vital - December 12, 2019