October 18, 2017
10AM – 4PM
7700 Forsyth Blvd
How to Attract and Retain the “A” team?
Talent Management has consistently been amongst the top 3 issues that keep Chief Procurement/Supply Officer awake at night over the last 20 years. In this workshop, you will examine the issues from a totally new and powerful perspective which is based on Competency Based Talent Management – a Next Practice. Solving this challenge means that you will finally be able to take a Strategic approach to the biggest constraint in delivering value to your stakeholders – the collective competencies of your organization.
- What roles do Next Practices Procurement / Supply organizations play today?
- What competencies are required for them to play those roles?
- What needs to change to allow Procurement / Supply to play a more strategic role?
- What does an end-to-end talent management look like and what are the benefits associated with such an approach?
- How is competency development different from training?
- How do you ensure development of new competencies stick?
- How can you get started on making your Procurement / Supply organization a strategic, viable and actively supported organization?
Transformation: From a Necessary Cost to a Competitive Weapon – Changing Procurement/Supply Chain to meet Tomorrow’s Challenges!
This workshop is directed at senior leaders and others interested in leading transformation and change to move from a tactical back office function to a strategic partner and will focus on “WHY” the procurement/supply chain organization must evolve from a necessary cost to a competitive differentiator and “HOW” to make it happen.
We will discuss what happens if you don’t redefine the role of the procurement/supply chain organization and explore the following questions:
- Who are the key stakeholders (internal and external) that will be impacted by and / or facilitate the change and their Value Drivers
- Why it is important to move from competing to collaborating?
- What is the tangible and measurable business benefit of making the change happen?
- We will then move into the HOW and explore what needs to change and how to do it:
- To make change happen you need to know your starting point. We will introduce the elements of a Transformation Blueprint and a Maturity Model which can be used to assess where you are.
- As a strategic business partner / internal consultant we must bring together their internal partners with their customers / suppliers to create alignment and match overall risk between the two parties and not just the price risk.
- Making the change happen will require a heavy dose of change leadership which may be the biggest challenge for your group. Your role as a change leader requires you to have radically different competencies as well.
- How to “sell” the new role of the Procurement/Supply Chain function and how it can be a competitive differentiator?
- How do you make the transformation happen?
- What are the specific elements that you must focus on:
*******BE THE FIRST TO CONTRIBUTE TO OUR COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE BY TAKING OUR SURVEY ON THESE TOPICS************
Who Should Attend
This is a peer-to-peer organization and as such, you must be a Senior Procurement Executive (Director or above) within your organization to attend.
PERT (Procurement Executive Round Table) is a peerto- peer organization that meets quarterly to share ideas in a forum setting. Each member brings expertise and varied talents to the group which allows all members to benefit from participation. PERT addresses major Global Sourcing and Supply Chain challenges.
**Please don’t use a public email address such as Hotmail,Gmail, etc.. A business email is preferred. Our system may mark an email as spam if it is a public email address**
Latest posts by TMG Admin (see all)
- Podcast Launch: What is Category Management? - February 19, 2020
- Download: Our Category Management Trends for 2020 List! - February 11, 2020
- Happy New Year From The Mpower Group! - December 26, 2019