This was the topic crowdsourced by ALL the participants at our last PERT workshop as the number one challenge!!
November 12, 2019 1 PM – 5 PM
No Cost for this Event
Category Management (CM) is THE goal for our professional community. Getting there requires us to be viewed as valued business partners by both our “customers” and our suppliers (both are our stakeholders). Sounds easy, but it’s NOT! Today we are still viewed as cost-cutters and that MUST change. What good is saving money if what we are delivering to our stakeholders is not valued by them? Have we sought out their Value Drivers or just assumed we know what they are?
- Getting your Executives to accept that cost savings alone is not enough
- Gaining credibility and eventually active support from your stakeholders by engaging them differently
- Understanding that value MUST be defined by your stakeholders NOT Procurement
- Identifying the “right” stakeholders – not just those that are obvious
- Expanding your metrics to go beyond cost savings
- Focusing on stakeholder Value Drivers while not giving up on cost savings
- Understanding Supplier Value Drivers to create strategic relationships
- Developing strategic competencies that enable you to be a strategic business partner
- Using this new approach to “sell” the Category Management process to your stakeholders