For those of you that have been followers of our blog series on this topic, you should try out our next webinar:
The Journey from Strategic Sourcing to Category Management – Process and Information Management & Technology. I promise you that we will NOT talk about the same old stuff. Our goal is to ALWAYS challenge our audience to look at old topics in a completely new way – NEXT PRACTICES. PLEASE JOIN US FOR OUR NEXT WEBINAR on TUESDAY, AUGUST 22ND at 10:00 a.m. CDT. Here is a link to register and a brief description:
We launched this webinar series with a discussion of the major differences between Strategic Sourcing and Category Management and now we will move into the nitty gritty of getting there. The last webinar covered Demand Optimization and Globalization. We will now move on to Process and Information Management / Technology and discuss the differences between Strategic Sourcing and Category Management in those domains; the challenges of making that transformation happen and some of the steps that you will need to take.
- Supplier / Buyer / Customer processes are linked
- Deals are complex in nature and insourcing / outsourcing is a core competency
- Considered to be thought-leaders in Value Creation with your internal business partners
Process is an enabler and not the goal
Information Management / Technology:
- Approached by technology suppliers for introducing innovation because of your track record
- Technology investments in the function are embraced and supported by corporate leadership
- A leader in ADOPTION of technology across the company
- Data analysis / mining leads to breakthroughs in quality, delivery, cost and risk management
These are just a few of the highlights we will cover. The contents are derived from our world class Category Management / Supply Chain “U”. We hope you will join us for the next step in our journey from Strategic Sourcing to Category Management and beyond.
My blog for next week is entitled – Do You Know the Difference between Strategic Sourcing & Category Management? – It’s MORE about Change Management than Ever . . . . . . . You won’t want to miss it.